Top 10 Manga Art
October 23, 2012
Want to learn how to draw manga, but not sure where to begin? Or have a cool family member or friend who is into art? Here are 10 can’t-miss manga art resources to try for creating good manga:
Tools and Materials
1. Copic Markers. These professional art markers are great for all your manga art drawing and coloring needs. Supittha Bunyapen shows how in this tutorial on painting Asian and tan skin tones.
2. Pigma Micron Manga Markers set. Great for inking, these pens give fine line precision and archival quality.
How to Draw Books
6. You’ve tackled the dot to dots and colored her line drawings, and you’ve mastered Mark Crilley’s lessons. Now, take those Copic markers to the next level with Shojo Wonder Manga Art School to get in-depth lessons on drawing and painting manga with Copic Markers.
7. Want to develop some strong female manga characters? Check out Girl to Grrrl Manga to draw fantastic females.
9. Like your manga with a bit more of a fantasy or cartoon feel? Want to show off your character’s more animalistic traits? Make them furry with Draw More Furries. These animorphs have fur and feathers, scales, horns and hoofs.
10. And, the boys especially will love these 40 lessons from Manga Madness, by David Okum.
Not convinced? Check out this art of the week post from a while back to see just what you can do with Copic Markers. Find out more about us at IMPACT Books by liking us on Facebook and following us on Pinterest, Twitter, and Tumblr.