I love cosplay. I love everything about it! I enjoy making costumes for myself as well as marveling at the creations that other people make. It’s a beautiful art form and such a great way to express your love for a particular series and/or character. 2014 had a lot of impressive cosplay from manga, anime, video games, movies and more.
The Cosplay Boom documentary series has helped to show off a lot of that amazing cosplay as well as given more insight about how and why people craft the things they do. Cosplay takes a lot of work and you can definitely see the passion these people feel for the projects they’ve created.
Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit cosplay:
From left to right: Lyz Brickley, Darshelle Stevens, Mel Hoppe, Cnidarium, Sam Skyler, andHillary Jae
Amie Bosshart as Tali from Mass Effect
AllieCat Art & Cosplay as Flemeith from Dragon Age
Punished Props as Draugr Deathlords from Skyrim
Rob Doran as Iron Man
Ryan Wells as Hoggle from Labyrinth
I’m blown away by the craftsmanship shown with each of these costumes. Really some incredible work. Make sure to check out Cosplay Boom’s website and Youtube channel for more cosplay goodness.
MORE RESOURCES FOR ARTISTS
• Watch art workshops on demand at ArtistsNetwork.TV
• Get unlimited access to over 100 art instruction ebooks
• Online seminars for fine artists
• Learn how to paint & how to draw with downloads, books, videos + more from North Light Shop
• Subscribe to The Artist’s Magazine
• Sign up for your Artist’s Network email newsletter & download a FREE issue of The Artist’s Magazine