Makeup can be used to highlight beauty, but it can also be used to transform. Some artists create amazing makeup art to bring characters to life, big or small. Sometimes it’s just a little face paint, other times it’s a full transformation!
Artist Laura Jenkinson is pretty creative with her makeup art. She creates characters right on her face, using her lips for the character’s mouth. She’s done a few animals and then she started creating characters from Disney, Pixar and more.
Pretty crazy right? I think I like the Pumbaa and Mike Wazowski ones the best. It’s a little creepy but mostly awesome. Check out her Instagram for more.
You can make your own makeup art and create characters with help from Extreme Face Painting and Extreme Costume Makeup by Nick and Brian Wolfe. What characters will you bring to life?
MORE RESOURCES FOR ARTISTS
• Watch art workshops on demand at ArtistsNetwork.TV
• Get unlimited access to over 100 art instruction ebooks
• Online seminars for fine artists
• Learn how to paint & how to draw with downloads, books, videos + more from North Light Shop
• Subscribe to The Artist’s Magazine
• Sign up for your Artist’s Network email newsletter & download a FREE issue of The Artist’s Magazine